Tuesday 11 June 2013

TopBox Canada June 2013 Review

This month I was lucky enough to get off the waiting list (+3 months or so) and on to the TopBox mailing list!
In the past I have gotten a beauty box (GlossyBox) before and cancelled (glossy is dreadful!!) but thought I would give this one a go, and what would you know..... I love this one even more than I thought I would!!

So the spiel off the website is
Receive a Topbox each month: For only $12 a month, you will receive a Topbox with 4 carefully selected, indulgent, beauty products. Then test the products in the comfort of your own home.
There's no catch – really: There are no hidden fees and no shipping costs.
Cancel anytime If you enjoy Topbox, do nothing and your subscription will automatically continue for as long as you choose to remain a member. Topbox membership is a month-to-month subscription which begins at sign-up. You can easily cancel anytime, online, 24 hours a day. There are no cancellation fees.

What I love is that it ships from Canada(!), so the no shipping costs claim is legit,
It costs $12 (Plus tax so in the end $13.44)
From the time I got my shipping notice I waited 1 Day until it came, Canada post got it on Monday it came on Tuesday!

 This month there was also the option of  upgrading and creating a Prive Wish List and these were the options for the month of June (click the images to enlarge):

Estee Lauder Topbox
free to upgrade



Father's Day Topbox
free to upgrade




Yaby Cosmetics Topbox
add $8 to upgrade


As always, the wish list selections do not guarantee a Prive Box, unless you have the option to "reserve" from purchasing the Mother's Day Fragrance Box.

I selected the regular Topbox this month as none of the Prive Boxes appeal to me!
Also of note, Topbox included this bit of information in the Wish List selection survey:

Just a heads-up! Topbox will be sampling some of the biggest beauty launches of the Fall, and our ship dates will be changed to accommodate the timing of these launches. The August Topbox will ship on August 20th, and the October Topbox will ship early on October 1st. 

So enough about the box lets get to the good stuff!
I am in advance for the lack of pictures, my camera and computer are not agreeing My house isn't clean enough for a photo shoot at the moment! I will use stock ones when I can (None of these pictures are mine!!)

It came it a really cute tube (Same as pictured below) which will be great for presents around the holidays (I already have a plan of what I am going to use them for!), About 6 inches long and about 2.5 inches wide. 



First thing is 
NAIL POLISH!!!!! 
Anyone who knows me knows that my goo hording kryptonite is nail polish!  If I spend enough time anywhere that sells it I will buy more, Last I counted I have +76 different colours - I just finished inventory (I will post a blog on this in a little while) a few weeks ago! I am currently on the hunt for the perfect red and pink Any sugestions are appreciated in the comments!


I got a full size bottle of  Jungle Queen by China Glaze
It is from the 2012 On Safari collection, Really pretty! It is a dusty violet with heavy purple shimmer. This color is rich and full of color and sparkle, great for those purple lovers.
I can see wearing on my fingers in the winter all the time!

Next I got a Belvada mini eyelash curler (One size)- I cant wait to use this during travel as I hate taking my big one everywhere and  I need to curl my lashes since they are so short and stumpy. Its super cute and fits in the palm of my hand. 


 Next we have Sugarbomb ultra plush lip gloss (Sample size-6.5ml)
Benefit Cosmetics - Ultra Plush Lip Gloss 
On the back of the pack it says "Our shimmering pinky nude gloss is guilt-free gorgeous"
According to Sephora: 

What it is:
A silky, plush gloss that glides onto lips.

What it does:
This dazzling lip gloss drenches your lips in brilliant shine and a burst of juicy color that's never sticky. Loaded with crystal brilliance, color glides on smooth. Just one stroke will give you glimmering, shimmering lips!
 


I can't wait to try this!

Last we have the   Jelly pong pong Fairy Lashes Mascara
Full size in Black,
Fairy Lashes Mascara restructures lashes to make them stronger with a denser appearance. Water resistant and with a vibrant hue, lashes stay sky-high and bright for hours on end without smudging or smearing. Coat liberally on lashes to enjoy a sexy and seductive gaze. This is not for the faint-hearted Jelly Pong Pong's  first ever mascara is formulated to make eye lashes flutter & flap. 

What do I think of this months haul?  3 out of 4 full size, 4 out of 4 I will use,  Sounds like a winner in my book!!
This box is a way better deal than that other beauty box I subscribed to, If you have the time and don't mind waiting get on the waiting list NOW!!!  Also the only way I am getting off this beauty box list is if I die, mostly because it's so awesome and even thought  I hate to admit that I am a bit vain, and  part of me really likes the exclusivity of the box. I have it and a ton of other girls want it, TopBox is like the Birkin Bag of Beauty Boxes. Don't tell Hermes! 

~Love and Louboutin  
XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love that polish! Yours is the first box I've seen with some variation in products.

    ReplyDelete