Sunday 7 July 2013

The Perfect Red

So after many polishes I have found that each red I use leaves something to be desired. Isn't quite right and leaves me wanting more. Then I found this Photo, and I knew that my quest at some point must end, the red on her hand looks fantastic!!

In my search I found


            China Glaze- Ruby Pumps
            Finger Paints- Romanticism Ruby
       OPI- I'm Not Really A Waitress

      Now I story of why I have both RP and RR. In my young and stupid days I bought the Finger Paints one first since it was cheaper. The first time I used it I knew there was a reason it was cheaper, I have 2 colours from Finger Paints and I dislike both of them, they go on really light and need tons of coats and still the colour doesn't ever look right.
       

      
 China Glaze RP has a ton more glitter and a lot more coverage, it also goes on smoother. Finger Paints RR just doesn't have the same glitter and the same look. They are pretty well dupes of each other and that doesn't warrant having both but RP is the clear winner!! (I love the colour and may try it with a matte top coat in the future and see what it looks like.

After hearing so much buzz online about OPI's INRAW that I was reluctant to try it, one red that looks good on everyone? Really? How is that possible. I have heard of everyone from Mothers, Sisters, and Grandmothers wearing this colour so I finally gave in. What would you know? I really like the colour. The application was easy and smooth, and  it smoothed itself over nicely and even in the first coat had wonderful pigmentation.

It is a deep red with microshimmers in it which give it so much dimension that the polish almost glows on your hand!   

I think that I have almost found the perfect red, I would like a red that is the same colour as RP's but without the glitter.

Let me know what you think and what your Go-To red is~

~Love and Louboutin
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment